Sunday, December 16, 2007

Baby Shopping

It's been quiet on the blog, but it's been busy the last couple weeks as we scramble to get ready for our trip to Taiwan. We've tried to pick out as many of the big items as possible in the last week as we realized a lot of things can take a couple months to deliver.

Today's topic is the stroller. I remember growing up with an umbrella stroller, one of those really rickety ones that cost under $20. And I grew up to be a reasonably normal adult. So, for the past year, I've mocked the Upper Westsiders for their obsession with the Bugaboo. For the uninitiated, please see here: God's Gift to Baby Gear.

Yes, the Bugaboo is outrageously priced and there's clearly a "show and tell" factor, but I've come to accept its greatness. It's maneuverability is unparalleled and in NYC, maneuverability is key. So, even if 95% of the babies who have a Bugaboo eventually become spoiled brats, I'm willing to take the risk.

1 comment:

armageddon said...

I can imagine a little Carl zooming across streets with that bugaboo. Minus the not fitting into the bugaboo part.

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)
"I'm about 3 centimeters here"

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)
"I have a big belly, just like mom and dad!"