Thursday, November 5, 2009

Every Asian Kid Eventually Gets a Bowl Cut

My mom, who babysits Ryan every once in awhile, is a typical Asian mom. She is an awesome grandmother - in fact, I trust her so much that when it came time to find a nanny for Ryan, I couldn't find anyone that met my mom's standard and she actually ended up taking care of him during the day until he was almost one year old.

But, there is a catch. The catch is she needs to do things her own way. So, inevitably, we'll pick him up and he'll be wearing his diaper in a funky position or she'll mention that she fed him some random food that we asked her not to. On the most recent visit, Ryan's hair was apparently too long and annoying her, so she took matters into her own hands. More accurately, she took her scissors into her own hands... Except, I think she had a couple drinks before she actually cut his hair.

Anyways, I still love you Mom and so does Ryan.

No comments:

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)
"I'm about 3 centimeters here"

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)
"I have a big belly, just like mom and dad!"