Monday, October 22, 2007

Heard on the Street (57th and Lex to be exact)

On Sunday, we went to Destination Maternity to buy clothes for Frances. The great thing about this store is that they know exactly who their target audience is: pregnant women and their husbands, who would rather be anywhere else but there.

To DM's credit, they have put in an inordinate amount of thought to make this experience as comfortable as possible. For the moms-to-be, there are snacks and drinks to tame growling stomachs. And for the men? A flat screen tv tuned to the NFL and plush leather armchairs. This prompted one excited dad-to-be to exclaim:

Maternity clothes shopping is AWESOME!

I concur.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Francie, Carl,

So how did you make out at DM? I read Liz Lange is having a sample sale this week - 347 W. 36th St., nr. Eighth Ave. (212-879-2191). And when you have time, you should check out babystyle in the Westchester mall for cute, reasonably priced maternity clothes. The Westchester has an entire wing dedicated to moms-to-be and babies - very convenient - Janie and Jack, Pottery Barn Kids, Crew Cuts, etc. all in a row. If you want some company, let me know although I'm sure Carl is a very good shopping partner.

armageddon said...

Were there any snacks left after you guys were done shopping? Its still a bit surreal that I am going to be an uncle. Any ideas for names yet? Armageddon Chiou has a nice ring to it. I'm posting absurdly late so I'll cut this comment a bit shorter than normal. Carl, call me back ! Love you guys and have fun making the baby room!!!!!!

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)
"I'm about 3 centimeters here"

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)
"I have a big belly, just like mom and dad!"