Monday, October 8, 2007

So, Tell Me What You Want, What You Really Really Want...

We all know pregnant women have cravings. Since July, Frances has gone through cycles of root beer floats, green apples, grapes and chocolate milk. And I'd like to think that I've done a good job of keeping pace, at least until last night. We were watching Desparate Housewives and one of the women made a lemon meringue pie. So next thing I know, at 9:38PM, Frances wanted pie. But she wanted peach pie, which is out of season now.

Therein lies the challenge. I can't pre-empt the craving by buying a pie beforehand because never in a million years would I have guessed that she would want peach pie on October 7th, 2008. I couldn't buy it in real-time because the craving didn't hit until all the bakeries were closed. And if I had gone and bought it for tonight's dinner, the craving was already gone.

For all you fathers-to-be who have experienced this, don't feel like a failure. Sometimes, the whims of a pregnant woman can get even the best of us.

No comments:

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)
"I'm about 3 centimeters here"

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)
"I have a big belly, just like mom and dad!"