Monday, June 14, 2010

Little Manhattan


When Frances and I moved to New York, we watched one of the cutest movies I've ever seen, "Little Manhattan." It's a "rom-com" about a 10 3/4 year old kid living in the Upper West Side who falls in love with an 11 year old girl. Yeah, yeah, I know, it sounds stupid, yet it's kind of endearing.

But what really stuck with me is that the kid gets around the city on a little scooter. I can't even explain why, but it just seemed so cool and ever since Ryan was born, I've waited for the day that I can get him a scooter so he too can roam the UWS.

That day is here. A long-belated birthday gift from Christine, we finally got Ryan's scooter and he absolutely loves it. It took him about 15 minutes to figure out and now he can't stop motoring around on it. Ladies on the UWS, watch out!

Unfortunately, I can't let Ryan watch the movie. He refuses to put on his helmet and only does so when I tell him all the kids with scooters wear helmets. Except, Gabe in the movie does not. You know how people complain that smoking in movies sets a bad example? Maybe I should write the director and tell him he's setting a bad example for Ryan, riding all recklessly without a helmet

No comments:

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)

Sonogram from 8/23/2007 (10 weeks)
"I'm about 3 centimeters here"

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)

Sonogram from 9/7/2007 (12.5 weeks)
"I have a big belly, just like mom and dad!"